My beautiful Babies

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Late spring/early summer

So, here's our update. I think this time might be the most pictures I've ever posted in one post. Oh well. Caleb finished his first year of preschool. He did pretty well, but I'm sure he won't want to go back. Hopefully it won't be a battle forever...Since school has been out, we've had playdates and spent a lot of time outside enjoying our weather. Caleb has worked on riding his bike. Our neighbor boy is not using training wheels, but Caleb still wants to use his. I told him to let me know when he is ready to try without.


We just came home from a weekend at the cabin. It was a short weekend, but it was so nice up there and I know the kids loved it despite the long drive. They did so well in the car-thank goodness for mommy since daddy stayed at home-his fathers day present! Things got a little hairy when they got tired, but for the most part I'd say it went really well. Caleb enjoyed bonding with his uncles over the fishing pole and some walkie talkies. He told me tonight that he should have taken Uncle Jim's (my uncle) boat and gone off when it was time to leave. I told him that everyone was home now, so that there wouldn't be anyone up there with him and he said he would be okay. He would just eat cereal. I guess it's safe to assume that he wants to go back :0)

Watching for the fish to bite....

Look! We got one...

Here, I can hold it Uncle Jon, I'm not scared...

Okay, you do it, I'll just smile!

Going on "missions" with uncle Ben. Caleb really had a fun time and it was a great way to get him to do us some favors. They went on missions out to the camper to find a blanket and to deliver pillows out there. It was pretty funny. He needs his own walkie talkies.

One of the fish Caleb caught.

digging around in the minnow bucket. Caleb really wasn't afraid to touch much. He dug his hand right in there and said he was going to show Ellie one of the minnows.

With "Uncle Sara" Caleb doesn't call her that anymore, but I still think its funny :)

Our first lightrail ride. I didn't realize how long the ride from the mall to downtown was. At least the kids were entertained.

Goofing off in the stands at the Twins game.




Our first sleepover. My best friend's daughter (and Caleb's best friend) Myla slept over night one night. It was interesting and we tried to have all 3 kids sleep in the same room, but Ellery wouldn't settle down, so she got sent back to her room. It was a fun evening and fun morning for me, but Tim said that after that breakfast, he didn't think he could do 3 kids!


We attended a few graduations. My brother, Jon, graduated from the U of M twin cities. The kids were in attendance for a small ceremony put on by his college and also for the commencement until Jon's name was called. They did so awesome!!! They were really well behaved and I was so happy. I took Ellery to my godson, Ryan's high school graduation and again she did very well. I think they are done with graduation ceremonies for a bit.






It was getting close to time to leave...thankfully Jon's name got announced just after this. We made it through!!!


Fun Outside....





Flying kites. He actually did really well once dad got it up in the air for him. I hadn't ever really flown a kite myself and I did this day and found it to be quite fun!



No comments: