My beautiful Babies

Friday, February 27, 2009

Caleb's 4!!!!

I know I am a little past Caleb's birthday, but it's as good as I could manage. Hope you enjoy!





Our family on Caleb's 4th birthday



2008-Caleb's 3

2007-Caleb's 2...actually this was about a week later all dressed up in "heels" gear. Can't say I'm a true fan, but I guess I should support Tim's favorite team.


Caleb at his preschool on his birthday. It was really cute, they have a birthday box and he put "candles" on a cake and sang "Happy Birthday". He got to pick out a book and a pencil and most importantly, he got to be the helper for the day. I think he LOVED that I came to school that day. He would rather I was there everyday!
Here he is with his shirt from school. They all drew self portraits and the director had them put on a shirt. I think it is just the cutest shirt!



Here he is with some of his gift from the Miners. He really got a kick out of these videos. They also gave him a Curious George book-that has 8 stories in it. We have read that quite a lot lately. Thank you, Uncle Scott, Auntie Lynn, Katy and Andrew.

Here's this year's creation. I made the cake from scratch-it was a "crazy cake" and I thought it turned out pretty good. My mom "free handed" the face and I filled in the stars. It was really fun. The theme was Curious George-not just any monkey. Caleb LOVES George.


Here's Caleb blowing out his candles after we sang. He did ask me when we were taking his picture with the cake if we could NOT sing "happy birthday" but I said that was what we did. He just stood there looking a little uncomfortable. I guess he doesn't like being the center of attention. We're not looking at a movie star here, folks...he sure is cute though!

With his new bike. He has gotten out a few times since we got it. He told us today that he just didn't want to do the work to ride it! Oh well, I guess we'll have better luck when it is warmer out and mommy can go on hers.
At the party, Caleb wouldn't "ride" the bike for his guests, but Elle sure would. I might have to check out some garage sales for a mini bike for her. I don't know if she will want to ride her Dora trike when she could be on a big girl bike!

Here's Caleb with one of his gifts. He really has played a lot with most of his gifts this year. I think he liked everything he got! He got this digger from the Johnson clan and he will occasionally use this to scare his sister. She doesn't like the noise it makes! Ah, what fun to have a little sister!

They do have fun together quite a lot. Here they were sharing the couch-fort.

Ellery after her first "real" haircut. I actually took her in and they cut off a bit. It was just getting unruly and I had to shape it. It turned out cute!



Caleb and Ellery in dad's old baseball caps. Tim went to his dad's house and found these in the basement. I should have found Tim's picture of him in the hat and scanned that in. Maybe I will try to do that-for everyone who says Caleb is a Tim clone!!!

I took Ellery to a dance class in February. It was just a trial class and I just got the biggest kick out of seeing her do something that was such a big part of my life. I am excited for her to start an actual class this fall! I hope she enjoys it as much as I did!


Well, that's it for now. I just thought I would take this time to say thank you to all of you who prayed for my dad. His surgery went 100 times better than last time and he came home on Caleb's birthday. Such a blessing! So Thank you!!!


Now, we just need to keep thinking SPRING!!! I am SO ready!

No comments: