Happy 3rd Birthday Caleb!

This is the hat that Caleb's preschool teacher Mrs Ronda made for him. We went to school on his actual birthday (2/26) and the kids-well more the parents-sang "happy birthday" to him. I got a bit teary with that. I can't believe he is actually 3 years old! Time flies by so very fast!

Our family on Caleb's birthday. It took quite a few takes to get Ellie to look at the camera. We even hired Monkey(Elle's lovey) to help-he sat on top of the tripod and we got her attention that way. The only picture where she was smiling was this one and she was reaching for him.
YUM! We had saved some cake from his party on Saturday, so he got another piece on his birthday.

She did too!
February 25th, we took the kids to ChuckECheese. We would have done this on his actual birthday, but I had to work that night at 7pm, so we did the next best day. He had seen the commercials on tv and had been saying he wanted to go since about Christmas. We took him and he had so much fun. Elle didn't enjoy it so much as there isn't much for a little thing like her to do there, but she liked the pizza!


Playing games with dad
Saturday, February 23rd. Caleb's 3rd birthday party.

My little fireman!

This is the cake that my mom and I slaved over. It took a while to make, but it turned out really good and he seemed to enjoy it!

Downstairs with Papa while mom, grandma G, grandma Frisk and dad were finishing the prep.

Uncle Jon and Sara got him this really cool emergency vehicle set. He has played a lot with it so far. He really likes the fire trucks especially.

Uncle Ben is trying to get Caleb to be a Sioux fan-too bad the rest of my family are Gophers!!!
This is "Danny" cousins Katy and Andrew picked him out for Caleb and sent him all the way from Georgia-from auntie Lynn and uncle Scott too. They also picked out a cute outfit for him that he will wear as soon as it gets washed!
Elle hung out with uncle Jon for almost the entire gift opening process. She just LOVES to read books and wasn't phased much by all the commotion. I suppose she was also quite tired since she didn't get much of a nap that day. She naps in the spare bedroom which is below their bedroom and Caleb was up for his "quiet time" and was NOT QUIET!!! He found the butt paste again!!! and this time decided to smear it all over Elle's crib and the plastic covering the window. I think Elle mostly woke up from all the yelling. Mommy wasn't very composed that day. I guess that's what stress does to a person!

We got Caleb a train table for his big day and he was in total shock. We put the table together while he was downstairs playing with his other new gifts and when he came up, he just stood at the table and stared. I don't think he could quite believe what was sitting in front of him. For the next few days, he said constantly "I love this train mom" so that was really nice. And he is still playing with it for most of the day. It seems to be quite a hit so I am glad that we got it for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment