My beautiful Babies

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More adventures with butt paste

We had another exciting naptime today. Caleb decided to have yet another adventure with the butt paste!!We took these after we had cleaned the majority of it up. It was all over the floor and dressers. All over his clothes and on his bed. I am sure we will find some hidden somewhere in a few days. I would have taken a picture of him since he had it smeared on his face and everything, but I didn't want to make it a fun thing for him.

I know, you're probably thinking-"will they ever learn???" And hopefully we will someday...I think this is at least the third time. This time, I thought he had ruined the sweatshirt that my brother just got him for his birthday, but I was able to get the stains out. He did, however, manage to stain the carpet. I don't know what I did last time because the stains came out. This time, not so much. If you ever hear profanities coming from his mouth, it's from today. I never use foul language in front of my kids, but I didn't have anything left today. He's done this too many times. I even had to call Tim to come home early from work. Bad mommy!!! Oh well, someday I will get new carpet, a new kitchen table (which he has made his mark on as well-not with butt paste) and some sanity.

As for us learning, it was up on the tall dresser....but he climbed on his shorter dresser today and got up to see what was on top of his sister's. I'm not quite sure what to do other than to take the short dresser out of there because if we put it where it used to be, he climbs into Ellie's crib and messes with the window. (Or . . . he gets into Ellie's crib anyway after stripping off all of his clothes and . . . pees all over her bed!) If we put it by the window-same thing and now since it is going to be nice, I am afraid he might try to get out of the window! And it obviously can't be where it is now-or we can't have anything on top of the dresser. Pretty soon, we can't have anything in their room. Tim thinks that we need to put everything up so high that we need a ladder to get to it but he also wonders if Caleb might be able to levitate so I guess we're just screwed! I am sure that he will have some sort of adventure with the shelves that are in the room soon enough and we will have to do some major patchwork on the walls!
Tim's friend Jennifer assured me that he will get over this phase in about a year, but another friend at work told me that it hasn't ended for her yet and her son it 7!!!! Help me....

I probably jinxed myself today. We had his last day at preschool for the session and I was just talking about how I think he is a good kid and then he does this! I don't know if he is giving up naps and just can't handle being alone for an hour or what, but I NEED the hour to myself or I might go insane!

Just thought I would add some humor to your day! As for Elle, she is getting to be a sass her own self. Now, when I do something she doesn't like, she blows raspberries at me! Hmmpf! I think we are in for it with her soon enough! Just when Caleb is supposed to be getting better, it will be her turn! The joys of children!

Here are some pics for you to enjoy! God must make them cute so we don't harm them right?





Ellie figured out how to climb recently and is now having tons of fun with her brother. We worry sometimes, but they do have a lot of fun together. He climbs onto something and she runs over and says "up" and he helps her get up. This time, they were rocking on the rocking chair and just having the best time-giggling like crazy. They also like to horse around on his bed which really makes me nervous so they don't really get much chance to do that.


MMMMmmm. Frozen blueberries make a great mess!


And, add some cookies and you get an even bigger mess!

Caleb with my friend Abigehl's baby Simon. This was the first time he asked to hold a baby and he actually did a really nice job with him. He actually seemed to like him!

No comments: