My beautiful Babies

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Momma went on a vacation!

I got to go on a vacation with my family while Tim stayed home and took care of the kids. I must say a HUGE thank you to him and his mom who came over every day to help out. We went on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. It was a very nice trip and I am so glad I decided to go. I had some nice bonding time with my family and some time without my kids. Not to say that I didn't miss my hubby and kids cuz I really did, but the vacation just wouldn't have been the same with the cherubs around. My grandma saw a little boy with his mom and she said he reminded her of Caleb a lot. His mom had to chase him around when it was time for dinner and he was being a challenge. I was sad a few times especially when I saw people with babies, but overall it was a really great trip.

Just on the boat. Dad was napping I think.
The beach in Miami as we were leaving. I am not sure if it was South Beach or not. It was beautiful though.
Silly, silly brother! They had me playing Buck hunter with them. I wasn't very good, but it was fun to do it. We played too many rounds for my taste, but it was good bonding time with my brothers and my dad!
Here we are in front of our boat on Coco Cay, Bahamas. There wasn't much to do on the island. In fact, it was REALLY tiny. I was afraid it might just get swallowed up by a giant wave! I don't think anyone besides the people who worked for Royal Caribbean lived there. It is the cruise line's private island. It was nice to just relax on the beach. Dad and Jon were supposed to scuba dive that day, but it got cancelled. I was going to go parasailing with Ben, but it was $80 for a five minute flight. Too expensive for me!
Views from the beach at Coco Cay.

Saturday night we decided to participate in the formal dinner. We weren't as formal as some people, but they let us in anyway. It was a very nice dinner and we had a fun assistant waiter from India. He gave dad a few brain teasers since dad showed us some tricks before that.


Hanging out at the bar with my bros. It was strange to have them be legal finally. Of course, one of the liquor waitresses didn't believe that Jon was 21 and so when he ordered a Mudslide, she said "No no honey, you cannot have a mudslide". It was pretty funny. We didn't let it go for a while. Anyway, we had lots of time to chat and I really enjoyed being able to hold a conversation with them instead of half paying attention because I have to keep some little creature out of trouble.


Lunch at Senor Frogs. It was pretty fun being there even though we were only there for about an hour. Dad and Jon actually got to dive on Sunday, so mom and I were on our own. They saw like 8 sharks-one even came face to face with Jon. He said he was humming the Jaws theme!! :o) They also saw a giant sea turtle! If I wasn't such a fraidy cat, I would have loved to go with them. It sounds really cool, but it's not quite for me. Ben was sleeping before we went to Senor Frogs-big surprise! and Grandma decided to stay on the boat-she was really tired I think.
Cheers! I had a Bahama Mama and it was REALLY strong but I actually drank 1/2 of it!!!!! I told Jon he might have to carry me back to the ship.
Brown baggin' it. They could have their beers on the streets apparently, but we got the bags anyway. I couldn't bring my drink-as it was, I was a little too tipsy. If I had drank the whole thing, they really would have had to carry me back to the ship!
There's Senor Frogs.
The view from the ship of Nassau, Bahamas.
Here are some pics of the kids and some Easter stuff.
Not quite, but she sure tries.
The day before I left for my cruise, I offered to take Myla for the afternoon so that Tonya would have only 2 kids instead of 3. It actually went really well! Caleb has only been about 40% for naps these days, so I just let him stay up. They played for a while and then I put a movie on and they just had the best time. I think Elle even enjoyed herself even though the big kids kinda leave her out sometimes.
Happy Easter! Easter morning. It was so fun helping Caleb find his basket that the bunny hid for him. He got pretty excited when he found it.

Dyeing eggs. He was mad because the little wand wasn't working for him. He actually enjoyed being a potions master more. After all the eggs had been dyed, he was pouring the colors together and pretty much making a mess. It was fun though.
She was a little ticked about the egg dyeing experience. She didn't want to be cooped up in her chair and she really just wanted to spill all the dye all over.

Lovin up uncle Dave.
This is how Caleb spent dinner at the Joneses. He didn't want to sit and eat. I think he was just tired. We finally convinced him to sit on the couch and watch Curious George so that we could enjoy our meal. Elle was downstairs trying to nap.
Caleb goofing around. He was apparently playing Power Ranger-I didn't know he knew about them, but I think that Nate asked him if he was being one.
The tired Easter cutie, I found this dress at Carters and I just had to have it. Funny it isn't purple.
After dinner at Tim's mom's house, we headed over to my parents for dinner. Both of my kids just love Grandma Frisky!
Finally we are able to get a few decent family pics. Now that Elle knows how to say "cheese".

The Easter egg hunt. It was interesting hunting for eggs in the snow! Luckily, we found one pretty quickly and we didn't have to work too hard. I was a little dumb and didn't dress the kids in snow pants and boots. Oh well, live and learn right.

Here is the Easter bunny-obviously. Ellie just lit up when she saw him. It was pretty cute.


No comments: