Caleb, aka "Dayeb" (Elle can't say her C's), has been doing wonderful with potty training. It's so very nice to just have one in diapers! He will also be having a big week this week. He starts his very first preschool class alone on wednesday. I decided to do one day a week this summer to ease him into the process. He says he doesn't want to go, but I am sure once he gets used to it, he will love it! I'll update after the weekend when we have fun pics from up north to share too.

One week, he was entertained for hours while they started digging up our side street. He just sat out on the deck and watched them work a few afternoons that week. It was kindof nice because we have the gate up so we just let him sit out there and we were able to be in the kitchen working on dinner or updating our blogs ;o) He was just fascinated by their work. We got to go out to the yard when the cement truck poured the cement for the drain and he watched them work. He was full of questions and could barely contain himself with excitement to see what they would do next. When they first started, he didn't know what they were doing and it was nap time. He just said "I NEED to get out there and see what he's doing mom!" it wasn't enough for me to say that they were just working on the road!
Ellery is talking up a storm these days. It is pretty cute for such a little runt to be talking. Another really funny thing-I make smoothies most mornings and she LOVES them. She nearly rips the cup out of my hands when I make them. If I am drinking from the straw, she always has her mitts on it and is constantly saying "have some" or "more Moonie". She calls it a "Moonie" Its really quite cute.
Sharing a smoothie.
As for Tim and I...we got new countertops and a new sink in the kitchen last week. It's so much nicer. And Tim decided to rip the shrubs out of our front a few weeks ago and so now he is in the process of relandscaping. It is quite a chore. Now he is trying to make me do some of the work and I am thinking-you're the one who ripped the shrubs out and I didn't sign on for this. I have done a little bit of work so he can't say I didn't help at all. I also made him promise that he wouldn't have another project until 2010! He does too many projects, but we'll see if he can actually keep that promise!




No comments:
Post a Comment