My beautiful Babies

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Preschool and the cabin

Well, as promised, another update this week. So Caleb started school last week and he actually had his second class on wednesday. Last week, he did really well until I came to pick him up. He was the 2nd to the last kid sitting there even though I was there right on time! I think he thought I wasn't coming back. As soon as he saw me, he got sad puppy dog eyes and a big lower lip pout. He didn't actually cry, but he was really close! His teachers said he did well, but when we got home, he said he had kicked a kid on the playground and he was not letting other kids go up the slide-I don't want to have the class bully! Hopefully it's just his stress and once he gets used to school, there won't be any behavior problems! This week when I went to pick him up-and I was EARLY, he got a little pout, but not as much as last week. He didn't say he didn't want to go back and he actually said he liked one of the teachers!!! Progress!This is his first day picture. I took it before he knew that I was leaving him there so he was happy!

Here is our landscape work. Tim worked very hard on it and he did do a nice job. I wasn't real happy that he started it in the first place, but now I am glad he did it. I guess I am just resistant to change and I don't like to shell out the dough. We also had work done in the kitchen which I love. I am so happy we decided to do that. I was tired of the yucky stainless steel sink!


This was before the relandscape. He took out that ugly shrub in the front and then the two by the house. We will likely add a few more things next summer, but for the most part, it's done!




This is a little before shot of the kitchen. It's not exact, but it was the only one I could find. At least you can see the improvement on the ugly kitchen sink!!!




As for the cabin, both kids did really well for the most part. The ride wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Both kids ended up napping and we only heard "are we there yet?" about 7 times on the ride up. Pretty good if you ask me! It was made much easier thanks to the modern day appliance called the portable DVD player! Caleb watched this Little People movie about 7 times over the course of 3 days! Whatever winds your binder I guess. "I'm ready to go, mom!"




Caleb with his headphones on so that we didn't have to listen to Aaron Neville sing on the Little People movie-thank heavens for headphones!







Now that's entertainment! We looked back and found her with her whole foot in her mouth-again, whatever winds your binder!
Checking out the big fish at Mille Lacs lake





Caleb with the walkie talkie. He thought that was just great. He's always trying to talk to Ellie in the monitor at home so when this one actually worked, he thought it was so cool!
Trying out the new fishing pole. I'm not convinced that he will be a fisherman! I don't think he has the patience for it.

She decided to shove a WHOLE strawberry in her mouth!

Elle (who has now taken to saying her name is "Fred" when asked what her name is) was OBSESSED with the water. It was soooo cold, but she wanted to be in it! We dipped her feet in and we had to take her out to give our arms a break and she just threw a fit! Finally, I just decided to use a floaty and let her go to town. She sat in the little boat and had a blast for about 10 minutes and then she knew it was time to come out. So funny that she is such a water baby and Caleb doesn't want anything to do with it!


Isn't that cute! Walking with Uncle Jon. She didn't know too much about him this weekend for some reason. She has been a momma's baby lately though so maybe it's just a stage.

Reading with Papa



This was at a little shop on the way home. We thought the crocodile was fun.

No comments: