I have a few words to share with all of you. First is a hilarious story about my dear son...
I worked on labor day and Tim was home with the kids. When I got home, they were down in Caleb's room finishing stories for bedtime. I walked into the room and Tim was saying "tell her what we practiced" after a few moments, Caleb turned to me, smiled and said
"Mom, your butt is extensive"
Okay???
Well, turns out one of his Star wars books had that word "extensive" in it and Tim was helping him understand the word. They were trying out different uses of the word. Tim had told Caleb to say something like "those noodles are extensive"...or so he says. But Caleb has been OBSESSED with the word "butt" lately. He uses it on a daily basis-we're trying to get him to stop calling peole "buttcracks". Anyway, he apparently came up with this use of the word- he said "dad, how about this one, 'My buttcrack is extensive" " Thankfully he hasn't learned those lovely names such as "butthole" or "buttface" hopefully we can wait a few more years before he is calling Ellie those things.
So I started with the funny story first, now here is my sad story to share with all of you.
Last wednesday night, September 2, 2009, a fantastic doctor lost his life at the young age of 59. He was one of the most amazing doctors I've ever had the opportunity to work with. He had the most positive attitude and he was brilliant! It hurts now just thinking of it. He was crossing a street to get to his car in Los Angeles (he commuted from here to LA where his family lives) and a car hit him apparently going about 50 mph. There was no blame placed, so it was just a horrific accident, but I tell you all just to say...you never know when it is your time. Please love those you love as much as you can and try to be kinder to those other folks in your life. And never wait to tell someone that you love them. Life is too short and you are really only given this instant. So, I love you all, as some of you have already heard from me lately.
1 week ago




No comments:
Post a Comment