Miss Ellery Lynn is 4 today!
Last night, we celebrated with the family. Ellery made a haul, though today she was asking where her presents were for today-her actual birthday. Guess I messed up and should have saved some for today. She wanted a Belle cake this year so here's my attempt. It didn't turn out half bad-thanks to my neighbor Sarah for the pan and the photos for inspiration!
At 4 you: know about 1/2 of your letters, can count to 20 (forgetting 15 always), are working on writing your name-you can write an E and L. You love animals. Eat most vegetables happily and most fruits too, but you aren't so fond of meat. You love grapefruit and avocados-I think they might be your favorite. You seem to have a love of chocolate like your daddy! You can pedal a bike with training wheels, you learned how to skip. You are mostly a great listener and are generally always sweet. You love your brother even when he is mean to you and are very sweet with your baby sister-often saying "I'll calm her, mom" Your love is still your blankie. You want to take it with you most everywhere and when you leave it, there is no subsitute but you will sort of settle for the blue blankie. You go to quiet time well and often play quietly or read for 2 hours. You LOVE to have books in your bed at night and read before falling asleep.
A little walk down memory lane...
Here's my little lady at about 3 months old.
Oohh, that first birthday cake.
Strawberry Shortcake for my little strawberry girl.
Here she is last year.
The Birthday celebration
I found "Go-go" my walking pup and thought she would love it. I was right. She has been asking for a pet for quite some time-this little dog barks, pants, whines and walks. Just no mess for mom and an off switch!
She named him Snowy
Playing nicely with her brother on her birthday.
A few other shots...
Of course I had to get a few matching outfits for the girls...I just couldn't resist. Aren't they cute!
This was her first official day at preschool. As predicted, she LOVED it and came home singing the songs they sing and just ecstatic that she got to be there alone. What a difference from my boy. I might have a kid who participates in the programs-yeah!
And her first night of dance. We were a bit rushed since we haven't done dance in the eves before and it was right after dinner. She is once again loving dance, but she was a little sad that none of her friends from last year were in this class.




1 comment:
very sweet!
Post a Comment